F is for Flubber. No, not the Disney movie. I'm talking about the slimy stuff that causes kids to say, "Eeew" as though it's the most disgusting stuff in the world. (And it is.) But then they beg for more of it!
You will need:
3 tsp. Borax
2 cups of white glue (such as Elmers)
1. In a large container, combine 1.5 cups warm water, 2 cups white glue and food coloring.
2. In a second, smaller container, combine 1-1/3 cups warm water with 3 tsp. Borax.
3. Mix ingredients in each container thoroughly.
4. Pour contents of small container into the large container.
5. Gently lift and turn the mixture until approximately a tablespoon of liquid is left. Flubber will be sticky at first. Let excess liquid drip off. Flubber will then be ready!
6. Give it to the kids.
This recipe makes enough Flubber for six children.
What do they do with it? Stretch it, bounce it, roll it. And, of course, say, "Eeew!"
Flubber will keep for about three weeks if kept in an airtight container at room temperature. It is non-edible. Do not wash it down the drain. It can be dissolved with white vinegar if it gets on carpet, furniture, clothes, hair, or pets,