December 31, 2010

Winnie the Pooh


Winnie the Pooh, also known as Pooh or Pooh Bear, is a very famous bear known around the world.  He was created by A.A. Milne who named the bear in his writings after a stuffed toy bear owned by his son, Christopher Robin.

Winnie the Pooh has wisdom not just meant for children.  How insightful he is!  I know you will enjoy (as I have) these simple, everydayish and yet wise quotes from the Pooh Bear!

A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.

Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.

When you are a bear of very little brain, and think of things, you find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

When looking at your two paws, as soon as you have decided which of them is the right one, then you can be sure the other one is the left.


Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.

Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.

If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.  I’ll always be with you.

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.


"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."

If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.

The hardest part is what to leave behind, ... It's time to let go!

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

They're funny things, accidents. You never have them till you're having them.

You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment