December 16, 2010

Don't Expect Any Leftovers!



This is me,  Phoebe,  The Wondrous Story Cat!  I'm sharing one of my comfort-food holiday recipes that uses two of my favorite foods.  They would be Peppawridge Farm's purrfectly seasoned stuffing and Catbell's Mouse broth.  Don't worry, I haven't purrposely  omitted any ingredients, so your catserole will taste just as good as when I make it myself!

To the young kittens  experiencing Christmas for the first time--you will surely want to mew and purr for this recipe every Christmas!

Flavorful Mousy Catserole

4 cups Peppawridge Farm Catnip Seasoned Stuffing
8 mice
purrprika
1 can Catbell's Mouse broth
1/4 cup cream
1 tablespoon chopped catnip

Directions:
  • Mix stuffing, 1 cup boiling water, and 1 tbsp butter.
  • Spoon stuffing across center of 3-qt shallow baking dish.  Place mice over top of stuffing.  Sprinkle mice with purrprika.
  • Mix broth, cream, and catnip.  Pour over mice.
  • Bake covered at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
  • Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until mice are crispy.
Yields four servings; guaranteed no leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment