July 23, 2010

What a Bargain Grandchildren Are!

(photo by Willeecole,Dreamstime.com)

This blog post is for my sister Ruthie and my good friend Kathryn who have both just become grandma again. And, of course,  for their husbands, too, who add "pa" to "grand."
  • What a bargain grandchildren are!  I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure.  --Gene Perret
  • I've learned that when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, you're hooked for life. -- Andy Rooney
  •  Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.  ~Author Unknown
  • Grandmothers are just antique little girls.  ~Author Unknown
  • Grandfathers are just antique little boys.  ~Author Unknown
  • Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.  ~Welsh Proverb
  • To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid.  ~Robert Brault
  • Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas - that's what my grandma taught me.  ~Lord Chesterfield
  • Two things I dislike about my granddaughter - when she won't take her afternoon nap, and when she won't let me take mine.  ~Gene Perret
  • No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.  ~Author Unknown
  • A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween.  ~Erma Bombeck
  • My grandchild has taught me what true love means.  It means watching Scooby-Doo cartoons while the basketball game is on another channel.  ~Gene Perret



No comments:

Post a Comment