August 12, 2010

Just When You Think You've Won the Rat Race . . .

Returning home from visiting a friend in Northern Virginia, we got in a big-time traffic mess.  What a trapped feeling when you're at a standstill with traffic all around you.  There's no turning around and no turning off.  You can't even go straight ahead.  But what an opportunity to read bumper stickers!  After all, it always seems as though both lanes on either side of you are moving when your lane isn't.  So there are always new bumper stickers to read!

Three that I remember are:
  • Just when you think you've won the rat race, along come faster rats.
  • I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
  • As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
Since then I have taken note of other "memorable" bumper stickers.
  • I've run out of sick days so I'm calling in dead.
  • I'm out of bed, what more do you want?
  • I hate coffee--it keeps me awake at work!
  • Keep on working.  Millions of people on welfare depend on you.
  • Old upholsterers never die. They always recover.
  • i souport bublik edekashun
  • I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can diet.
  • Change is inevitable--except for vending machines.
  • Money isn't everything--but it sure keeps the kids in touch!
  • Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
So what's on your car . . . or your neighbor's car?  How about the parking lot at work?  Please comment!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment