October 14, 2009

Disgustingly Funny

I am involved in cat rescue.  One Sunday morning I was at an Apartment Building because of a cat situation.   I drove into the parking lot and got out of my car.

Immediately I saw a man running out of his apartment.  He kept on looking back as he ran.  My first thought was that someone had a gun and I should get right back in my car and get out of there fast!  But I was sort of mesmerized and just stood there watching.  My feet oddly seemed to be glued to the ground.

Then I saw huge, black billows of thick smoke shooting up from a car.  The car was parked next to some trees, a wooden fence, and the building.  Suddenly the car burst into flames.  It was quite impressive in a scary sort of way. 

While my feet were still glued to the ground, I saw a woman coming out of the same apartment the man had run from.  She was carrying a baby in one arm;  with her other hand, she was dragging a toddler who could barely walk.  AND she was trying to coax a slightly older child, who was lingering behind, to quickly come with her.

I glanced back at the man, who (by this time) was safely far away from the burning car.  He was calling to the woman, telling her to hurry!  But did he budge from his safe spot to help her with the children?  Oh, no.

It would have been funny if it wasn't so disgusting.  As a good friend told me, "That's the kind of stuff you see on movies."

  (photo by Dean Michell, Dreamstime.com)

So what Christian movie titles could be connected to this cowardly father and man?  How about 
Veggie Tales/Where's God When I'm Scared?
Expelled
Satan Never Sleeps
Piece of my Mind
Second Chances
The Big Question
Fireproof
Apocalypse
Terminating Toxic Tonic of Disrespect
Worst Selfish Cowards  (I just made this one up!)

And what movie could be applied to the dear mother trying to get her children to safety?  How about Left Behind.

Do you have more suggestions of movies that could be connected to this worst selfish coward?  Please comment!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're immediate reaction was to call the firefighters and then help the mother and children.

    ReplyDelete